Revitalization is a process of comprehensive removal of degraded areas from a critical state through holistic actions, i.e. interrelated undertakings covering social and economic issues. It is territorially concentrated and carried out in a planned and integrated manner through regeneration programs.
The revitalization program is the basic tool for conducting revitalization. It is a platform for the coordination of various activities aimed at implementing the vision and achieving the goals of the revitalization of a given area. The revitalization program is an extremely important framework document, and its implementation is a dynamic process that requires all participants (including entrepreneurs, non-governmental organizations, property owners, public authorities, etc.) to be flexible, creative, and ready for dialogue and cooperation. The local government plays a particularly important role, as it is responsible for the development and implementation of the revitalization program, its monitoring, reporting, and evaluation.
The aim of the conference is to exchange Moldovan and Polish experiences in the management of the urban regeneration process. During the conference, the effects of the implemented project will be presented, including the assumptions of the Leova Revitalization Program.
The topics discussed during the conference will focus on the following issues. However, the initiators of this event are also open to other proposals related to the issues of city management. In particular, we want to present good practices related to the implementation of the revitalization process.
Thematic areas of the conference:
- Crisis phenomena in the city – from diagnosis to revitalization
- The importance of social participation in managing the revitalization
- The role of public administration in the process of implementing changes related to the revitalization of the area
- The importance of revitalization for the development of urban areas
- Prospects for the development of revitalized areas
- Sources of financing for revitalization projects
- Revitalization of cities in Poland and Moldova – experiences, opportunities and challenges.